WSCA is excited to announce a series of training sessions specifically designed for business owners and managers who are interested in creating a more inclusive and neurodiverse workplace. These sessions will be led by industry expert Nicole Seaward of grit & flow. She will provide practical tools and strategies to help your organization better understand and accommodate diverse perspectives and abilities.
Over the course of several weeks, Nicole will cover a range of topics, including:
- Understanding the concept of neurodiversity and its importance in the workplace
- Identifying and accommodating different learning styles and communication preferences
- Creating a more inclusive recruitment and hiring process
- Providing appropriate accommodations for neurodivergent employees
- Promoting a culture of respect and understanding within the workplace
- Developing effective strategies for collaboration and teamwork across different perspectives and abilities
Each session will include a mix of interactive presentations, group discussions, and hands-on exercises designed to help participants apply the concepts and strategies in their own workplaces. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to connect with other business owners and managers who are also interested in promoting inclusion and neurodiversity in the workplace, providing a valuable networking opportunity.
Whether you are a small business owner looking to make your workplace more accessible and welcoming to diverse perspectives, or a larger organization seeking to create a more inclusive and innovative culture, these training sessions are for you.
Join us to learn how to embrace neurodiversity and unlock the full potential of your workforce.
Four-week series – May (18th,25th)/June (1st,8th) 2023 $50 a session or $180 for all four
Held at WSCA Button Factory Stage, Thursdays (dates above) 11am-12pm
Week 1: Neurodiversity 101
Week 2: Accommodations, Universal Design, ADA
Week 3: Being a Neurodivergent Ally in the Workplace
Week 4: Managing with Neurodivergent in Mind