On Earth Day, test your knowledge of marine science with SSC’s first-ever Socially-Distant Trivia Challenge! While we’re all working together to ‘flatten the curve’ of Covid-19, tune in on April 22nd and answer some questions from our experts here at the Science Center. Answer enough correctly, and you’ll win a prize from our sponsors at Brown Sugar by the Sea of Newburyport.
We believe it’s important to use the time we have during this International Coronavirus Pandemic to improve both ourselves and our world. A daily dose of education goes a long way, so stay tuned to learn about local ocean science topics, the threats our ocean faces, and how you can help protect it! Question difficulty is considered appropriate for high school students and older.
Participants must pre-register at the link below but there’s no cost to play. Get your team together and celebrate Earth Day in a fun but socially distant way!
Here’s how it will work once you’ve registered:
– At 6:50 pm on Wednesday April 22, click on the link you’ll be sent to enter the Trivia Challenge!
– KEEP YOURSELF MUTED! You can also keep your video off if you would like.
– Come up with a clever team name! You will use this name when you submit your answers.
– NO CHEATING! We’re operating on the honor system here, don’t use google to look up any answers!
– There will be 4 rounds with 3 ocean-themed questions each (and a bonus question).
– For each question, teams can wager 1, 3, or 5 points. If your team gets the question correct, you receive the points you wagered. If you’re incorrect, you gain 0 points. You can only wager each of these values once per round (max points per round = 9). Each bonus question is worth 6 points total.
– Submit your team’s answer for each question by using the ‘Chat’ button on the bottom of your screen. Click chat, and select the HOST. Type the following information and press send:
If you have any questions or issues, you can send a message directly to the host.
The 3 teams with the most points by the end of the event will win prizes!
See you on Earth Day night!