3S Artspace presents:
Loading Dock Concert Series – The Reconstructed
Friday, August 6
Show time: 8pm – 9:15 LATE SHOW
All ages / Seated
Pay-what-you-choose table reservation (starting at $50 for up to 4 people)
About The Reconstructed:
Emotionally driven folk rock. Electrifying live performances. Critically acclaimed songwriting.
Southern Maine’s The Reconstructed has won critical acclaim, built a devoted fan base and become one of the Seacoast region’s top-drawing original acts with its emotionally-charged folk rock and electrifying live shows.
Singer-songwriter Martin England formed The Reconstructed in early 2012 with Courtney Brocks Dold on acoustic guitar, banjo and piano; Jesse Dold on guitar; drummer Sean Daniels and Andrew Russell on bass. While they initially came together to support England’s first solo album, Razed and Reconstructed, band members discovered an almost immediate songwriting chemistry. “We got together in my barn in North Berwick and started jamming,” England says. “I had a few new song ideas and was completely blown away by where they took them. It was clear that we had something special. We were a real band, in spirit, sound and vision.
Fronted by England, whose powerful voice and character-driven songs provide the template for the band’s compelling musical narratives, The Reconstructed has released two full-length albums: 2015’s acclaimed debut Dawn Chorus, which was named “Album of the Year” by the Seacoast Awards; and its latest collection, Great North Wind, which was released on CD and streaming services in June 2019.
Propelled by the stadium anthem “Crosstalk”, the radio-friendly “Talking to Your Ghost” and the Stones-y “Home Fires”, Great North Wind features The Reconstructed embracing a more indie-rock sound while staying true to the band’s folk-rock roots. Produced by Jesse Dold with basic tracks recorded in the band’s beloved barn rehearsal space near downtown North Berwick, Great North Wind’s 10 songs explore the complex bonds of love, the challenges of relationships and the hardship of loss. The album has been universally praised by critics and audiences alike, and will be released on vinyl in late 2019.
“The intrinsic nature of these songs is what makes them special, they are written without an agenda,” England explains. “I think this is why these songs appeal to listeners of all ages and backgrounds – they sound and feel real. The songs are authentic artifacts of humanity, based on an amalgamate of experiences and true stories.”
Great North Wind finds The Reconstructed at an exciting intersection: Expanding its fan base and actively seeking industry partnerships in the modern musical landscape, while staying true to the band members’ DIY-ethic and roots in a barn where the “Home Fires” burn.
Info about attending a Loading Dock Concert:
– Online reservations. The Loading Dock shows are now ticketed shows to help us manage capacity and safety. All Loading Dock Concerts in 2020 sold out quickly and we anticipate high demand in 2021, so we strongly encourage you to purchase your table reservation in advance. We have several pricing tiers for you to choose from for your table– please know that the more you pay, the more funds are received by the artists– not just 3S. Thank you for supporting 3S and the artists during this challenging time and helping to keep music alive.
– Assigned table seating. We’ve created a table seating plan to ensure cleanliness, proper physical distancing from other visitors, and simplicity. Your table reservation can fit up to 4 guests in your party (no more than 2 households permitted at each table).
– Table service provided by Barrio. You can order drinks and food from Barrio’s full menu while you enjoy the show!
– Two shows per night: one at 6pm and one at 8pm. After the 6pm show, we ask that visitors exit right away as we will be disinfecting tables and seating areas prior to the 8pm show.
– Check-in. Check-in for the 6pm shows begins at 5:15pm. Check-in for the 8pm shows begins at 7:30pm. Barrio table service is available beginning at those check-in times. You will be asked a short series of health questions during check-in.
– Guests are required to wear masks while visiting 3S Artspace unless safely seated with your party at your reserved table.
Generously supported by:
Kennebunk Savings, AC Hotels by Marriott Portsmouth Downtown Waterfront / The Envio, Barrio Portsmouth, Portwalk Place, and Sheraton-Portsmouth Harborside Htl