3S Artspace presents:
Loading Dock Concert Series – Soggy Po’ Boys
Friday, July 16
Show time: 8pm – 9:15 LATE SHOW
All ages / Seated
Pay-what-you-choose table reservation (starting at $100 for up to 4 people)
About Soggy Po’ Boys:
“Although New Hampshire isn’t the most obvious home for a group so devoted to the culture of The Big Easy, the Soggy Po’ Boys seem genuine in their ambition to spread the word about jazz New Orleans style, and they’re creating an accessible and fun way into this world.” — London Jazz
The Soggy Po’ Boys, native to New England, have quickly become an institution. They are spreading the good news of New Orleans music across the northeast and beyond, playing at concert halls and street corners; music festivals and burlesque festivals; bars and libraries; wherever the party requires. Part of the beauty of New Orleans music is that it’s celebrated and appreciated wherever it goes, from the street to the theater.
Exploring the vast musical traditions of New Orleans and expanding their repertoire to look beyond NOLA jazz, the band includes traditional Caribbean tunes (it’s been said that New Orleans is the northernmost city in the Caribbean), as well as Meters funk, soul, and brass band / street beat music.
Info about attending a Loading Dock Concert:
– Online reservations. The Loading Dock shows are now ticketed shows to help us manage capacity and safety. All Loading Dock Concerts in 2020 sold out quickly and we anticipate high demand in 2021, so we strongly encourage you to purchase your table reservation in advance. We have several pricing tiers for you to choose from for your table– please know that the more you pay, the more funds are received by the artists– not just 3S. Thank you for supporting 3S and the artists during this challenging time and helping to keep music alive.
– Assigned table seating. We’ve created a table seating plan to ensure cleanliness, proper physical distancing from other visitors, and simplicity. Your table reservation can fit up to 4 guests in your party (no more than 2 households permitted at each table).
– Table service provided by Barrio. You can order drinks and food from Barrio’s full menu while you enjoy the show!
– Two shows per night: one at 6pm and one at 8pm. After the 6pm show, we ask that visitors exit right away as we will be disinfecting tables and seating areas prior to the 8pm show.
– Check-in. Check-in for the 6pm shows begins at 5:15pm. Check-in for the 8pm shows begins at 7:30pm. Barrio table service is available beginning at those check-in times. You will be asked a short series of health questions during check-in.
– Guests are required to wear masks while visiting 3S Artspace unless safely seated with your party at your reserved table.
Generously supported by:
Kennebunk Savings, AC Hotels by Marriott Portsmouth Downtown Waterfront / The Envio, Barrio Portsmouth, Portwalk Place, and Sheraton-Portsmouth Harborside Htl.