FORT FOSTER PARK
Following the State’s lifting of some COVID-19 restrictions and safety protocols, the Town of Kittery will be following suit by beginning its next phase of reopening. Effective April 1, 2021, the Town will end its local Emergency Proclamation, and begin lifting some restrictions to allow for many services and activities to resume with appropriate safety precautions. The Governor’s Emergency Declaration and Executive Orders regarding face coverings, gatherings and capacity limits remain in effect, and will continue to govern safety protocols in public spaces and private businesses in Kittery. With that in mind, the Town of Kittery will be implementing the following changes:
- The park is open daily to all visitors from 10am-8pm, with the inbound gate closing at 7:30pm.
- Vehicle Season Passes for both residents and non-residents can be purchased online by clicking here or can be purchased at the Town Hall Customer Service Center Mon-Thurs 8am-6pm. Season Pass holders can request up to five (5) walk-in/bike-in season passes for their household use at no additional cost.
- Vehicle Day Use Passes will be available for purchase by credit card only at the Fort Foster gatehouse during the season. No day use walk-in/bike-in passes will be sold at the gatehouse and no cash transactions will be accepted.
- $20 – vehicles with occupants (automobiles, mopeds and motorcycles)
- $50 – recreational vehicle
- $75 – school/summer camp bus
- $100 – tour bus
- Bathrooms, beaches and playgrounds are open.
- The public will be required to follow social distancing protocols by maintaining a distance of 6 ft from each other at all times while utilizing outdoor public spaces.
- The public is encouraged to wear face coverings in outdoor public spaces when physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
- When the park is open for vehicular traffic, access for dogs and leash requirements per Title 12 of the Kittery Town Code will be in effect. Access Kittery’s Town Code online by clicking here or contact the Animal Control Officer with questions.
- For pavilions rentals please contact the Recreation Department at (207) 439-3800 for reservations.
Public Works Office: (207) 439-0333
Find more things to do here.