As part of the Word Barn Makers Series, mixologist Jim Maldonis presents an intro to mocktails on Friday.

Top five things to do: Feb. 19-25

Top Five Things to Do
A roundup of upcoming entertainment on the Seacoast

The week ahead brings live music, storytelling, workshops, and more to venues (and screens) near you. Here are some of the highlights.

Concerts at The Music Hall

The Music Hall presents two socially distanced concerts this weekend, both available streaming online or in person at the historic theater in Portsmouth. Boston-based rock band Vapors of Morphine, consisting of surviving members of Morphine, performs on Friday at 8 p.m. Tickets are $32 live or $10 online. New England folk singer-songwriter Livingston Taylor follows on Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets are $32 in person or $12 online.

Winter Warmer: Jazzputin

jazzputin jug skunks

The Winter Warmer concert series continues this weekend with a virtual performance by local hillbilly-jazz band Jazzputin on Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20, with 95 percent of proceeds going to the band, and the remaining 5 percent going to the Continuum Arts Collective. Presented by the Seacoast Music Support group, the series continues with a different local act featured every Saturday night through March 27. Learn more here.

Word Barn Makers Series

The Word Barn hosts a feast of online workshops this weekend. On Friday at 7 p.m., mixologist Jim Maldonis offers a Mocktail Intro ($20). On Saturday at 10 a.m., Shipwreck Ferments owner Katie Semro talks Fermentation ($20). On Sunday at 11 a.m., Scott Heron presents Birding: The Backyard & Beyond ($10). On Sunday at 4 p.m., musicians David Francey, Craig Werth, and Guy Capecelatro III present The Art of the Song (by donation).

True Tales Live Zoom

tina carpenter

True Tales Live is testing out a new format in February, with just one teller sharing stories from her life. Tina Charpentier is the featured storyteller on Tuesday at 7 p.m. Following her performance, which will be streamed live on Zoom, Charpentier will converse with the audience. The show will be recorded for later release on PPMtv, YouTube, and SoundCloud. The event is free, but registration is required. Learn more here.

Diane Rehm Livestream

As part of its Writers on a New England Stage series, The Music Hall presents a virtual event with renowned radio host and author Diane Rehm on Tuesday at 7 p.m. Rehm’s latest book, “When My Time Comes,” outlines the fervent arguments for and against the right-to-die movement. The $5 ticket package includes an author discussion and Q&A, with a paperback copy of the book available for an additional $16. Learn more here.

See the full calendar for more local events.