The Warner House is the only surviving mansion of many that once lined Daniel Street. Built in 1716-18, it is the region’s finest urban brick residence of this era. Inside, the earliest-known painted murals in the United States line the hall staircase.
Occupied by generations of the same family for 200 years, the mansion contains an outstanding collection of early portraits and Portsmouth furniture. The building is owned and operated by the Warner House Association.