One of the state’s most historic churches, St. John’s stands on a hill overlooking Bow Street. The church houses the oldest operating pipe organ in...
Built at the edge of the Piscataqua River in 1760, the Wentworth-Gardner House has been called "the most perfect specimen of Georgian architecture in this country."
North Church, constructed in 1854 to replace a meeting house built in 1713, dominates the eastern side of Market Square and can be seen from almost anywhere in the city.
A National Historic Landmark, the Moffatt-Ladd House is one of America's finest Georgian mansions, built for merchant John Moffatt between 1760 and 1763. The grounds also feature one of the region's finest gardens.
The economic and commercial center of Portsmouth since the mid-1700s.
The oldest surviving wood frame house in New Hampshire and Maine, Jackson House was built by Richard Jackson in 1664.
Perhaps the finest brick residence of the first quarter of the eighteenth century left in New England.