detail of "The Blue Fairy" by Patricia Schappler, on display in the NHAA's Omer T. Lassonde exhibit.

Top five things to do: March 27-April 1

Art, Music, Stage, Top Five Things to Do
A roundup of weekend entertainment on the Seacoast

Live entertainment will continue ramping up as temperatures rise. The week ahead brings music, theater, comedy, art, and more. Here are some highlights.

NHTP: SoloStage Encore

Since last October, the New Hampshire Theatre Project has produced three original solo shows in its SoloStage series. Starting Friday, all three will be available to watch on demand for a limited time. The SoloStage Encore program includes Gemma Soldati’s “The Adventures of Sleepyhead,” Stephanie Lazenby’s “Where Do I Begin?,” and Peter Josephson’s “A Tempest Prayer.” Online tickets for each show are $10. Learn more here.

Justin Willman at The Music Hall

Los Angeles-based performer Justin Willman will bring his comedic magic show to The Music Hall in Portsmouth on Friday at 8 p.m. Star and creator of the original Netflix series “Magic for Humans,” Willman has appeared regularly on “The Tonight Show,” “Ellen,” and “Conan,” and has also performed for the Obama family at the White House. Tickets are $36, with VIP packages available for $86. For more information, click here.

Winter Warmer: Dan Blakeslee

Dan Blakeslee Calabash Club

The Seacoast Music Support group’s Winter Warmer concert series concludes with one more virtual performance this weekend. Regional folk favorite Dan Blakeslee and his local band The Calabash Club wrap up the benefit series on Saturday at 8 p.m. Online tickets are $20, with 95 percent of proceeds going to the band, and the remaining 5 percent supporting the Continuum Arts Collective. For more information, click here.

New shows at the NHAA

Two New Hampshire Art Association unveils two new member exhibitions on Wednesday, March 31, available to view online or at the Robert Lincoln Levy Gallery in Portsmouth. The theme of the 35th annual Omer T. Lassonde open juried exhibit and sale is “Beyond the Boundaries” (Zoom reception April 15). Concurrently, “Body of Work: Series I” features work by eight local artists working in a variety of mediums (Zoom reception April 2).

Briezyjane at The Stone Church

Briezyjane, a solo artist and founding member of Mass.-based sibling band The Green Sisters, will perform at The Stone Church in Newmarket on Wednesday from 7-10 p.m. She’ll be accompanied on violin by her bandmate Betsy Heron, also of local duo Green Heron. Tim Cackett of Town Meeting opens. A table of four is available for $40. Learn more here. (Also, at last check, there was ONE table left for the Wood & Bone show on Friday!)

See the full calendar for more local events.