White Island Light
Photo by Nichole Goldworthy

Located on the southernmost island in the Isles of Shoals, White Island Light flashes a brilliant white beam every 15 seconds and, in foggy weather, sounds a horn every 30 seconds.

The station was established in 1820, the current lighthouse built in 1859, and the station automated in 1896.

The island is not open to the public. The best views are from excursion boats.

+ Google Map