With a population of roughly 21,000 people, Portsmouth, N.H. lies at the hub of a metropolitan area that includes Dover, Rochester and many other towns. Portsmouth’s locale, ancient past and cultural diversity makes it one of the best places to live in.
These are changing times and to keep up with change, Portsmouth also has its own ways to entertain its local and visitors by a variety of outdoor activities and virtual events, keeping in mind the social interactions norms. Here are some of the events and activities you can make the most of, this fall in Portsmouth, N.H.
Whether you appreciate a seated event or a virtual experience, buy yourself a ticket and enjoy Long Story Short. With featured storytellers Debbie Kane, Heather Armitage, Brian Kaye, Lovey Roundtree and Justin Kelcourse, ‘With Friends like these’, encompasses stories about friendships spanning a lifetime, lost connections and more. For more details, visit (www.3sarts.org).
Inspired by a Drinking Game, ‘Never have I ever’, is yet another storytelling event that shares stories of scandalous incidents in the storytellers’ young days, also including stuff they may have never done. Book your seat for 16th September 2020 at 7pm. Tickets available at Eventbrite.
Sporting Event: Market Square Day Festival
An annual festival that features a road race, the Market Square Day is now being observed in September instead of June. A virtual event that is scheduled from 25-27 September ’20, the Market Square Day Festival will be broadcasted live on 26th September and showcases a virtual race. While you can enjoy this festival online, there are other online sports and gaming options that can keep you busy if you’re in Portsmouth on travel. Try your luck at an online casino and make your chances of winning brighter. If you’re from the UK and have enrolled into Gamstop, here are a bunch of best UK casinos not registered with the program.
Virtual Activities and Events
- Wellness Activities – Enjoy an array of fitness and wellness activities virtually at Portsmouth’s Evolve Virtual Studio, which offers Pilates, Yoga and Barre classes online using Zoom Conference Technology. For more details you can visit their website (www.evolveportsmouth.com).
- Theatre – Enjoy an exceptional live stream event with The Roar of the Greasepaint: The smell of the crowd, an eternal musical story of the haves and have-nots, presented through the journey of life. You can attend this event as per your convenience from 6-20 September ’20. Reserve your space at Vendini.
- Dancing – If you enjoy picking up new skills or a dance enthusiast, then you’d definitely love signing up for the Salsa Secrets (https://salsasecretsdance.com/). Catering to absolute beginners and honing the dancing skills of intermediate dancers, this academy can host both classes locally and online to help you become one of the finest!
Music and more
- The Music Hall – A non-profile recreational organization that offers space for events, theatre, movies and other cultural activities, the Music Hall also hosts a number of virtual events. Choose from a melee of live stream events, film screenings and more through the fall season at Portsmouth’s Music Hall and book your space now.
- Loading Dock Concert Series – Presented by 3S Artspace, this fan favourite show returns this fall to present foot-thumping melodies and an ensemble of modern music with high energy performances from its 7 piece soul funk rock band. Scheduled for 6pm, 18 September, book your seat to avoid a house full!
Editor’s note: This is a paid article.