“The Clash on Record” at 3S Artspace in Portsmouth
Exhibit Opening Reception: Saturday, March 9. 6-7pm.
Free and open to the public.
Coincides with the Artists’ Opening Reception for Punk Is Alive (photography exhibit).
THE CLASH ON RECORD
Todd Radict is a music collector, owner of Skele-tone Records in Rochester, and above all, a punk rocker. The exhibit, The Clash on Record highlights Todd’s stunning collection of LPs, 12″, and 7″ vinyl by The Clash. You’ll find an extensive stockpile of official and unofficial releases from around the world, studio and live recordings– the rare and unusual. You’ll find album artwork meant to be seen as much as the records are meant to be heard.
This exhibit is part of The Clash: Loud and Clear event series presented by 3S Artspace.
About Clash! Loud and Clear: In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the release of The Clash’s iconic album, London Calling, 3S Artspace presents a series of events, exhibits, and activities related to music’s ability to instigate, motivate, and encourage action.
Here’s a list of other Clash! Loud and Clear events happening in March at 3S:
- March 1 – 17: Punk Is Alive (photography exhibit) / Lobby Gallery
- March 7 – London Calling Listening Session and Pop Up Record Shop / Performance Space / 7-9pm / Free
- March 9 – Rollercoaster: A Family Friendly Dance Party featuring button making (punk rock style!) and a Portsmouth Middle School zine showcase / 2-4pm / Free for parents & tots under 2 / $10 1st child / $5 additional siblings
- March 9 – Artists’ Opening Reception for Punk Is Alive exhibit / 6-7pm / Free
- March 9 – Super Black Market Clash City Rockers play London Calling (& other songs from The Clash) / 8pm / $18 Members / $20 General Admission
To see more local events, click here.