Among the national acts making their first-ever appearance at the Prescott Park Arts Festival this year are Iron & Wine, Aimee Mann, Kurt Vile, Conor Oberst, and the New Pornographers. They’ll join returning acts such as Lake Street Dive, Yonder Mountain String Band, Brett Dennen, and Taj Mahal.
The summer-long festival in Portsmouth’s waterside park, now entering its 43rd season, announced the lineup for its 2017 River House Restaurant Concert Series on Tuesday afternoon, May 2. The series begins on June 18 with a performance by Boston-based band Lake Street Dive, which last year released its latest studio album, Side Pony. They’ll get support from opening act Suitcase Junket.
The series runs through Sept. 3, concluding with a performance by New Orleans-born jam band Galactic. There are typically at least two concerts every week from June 18 to Sept. 3. Admission to all shows is by donation, with a suggested amount of $5 to $8.
The festival had previously announced that its summer musical this year will be Disney’s Mary Poppins, which opens on June 23.
The full concert schedule is below. For more information about the Prescott Park Arts Festival, visit prescottpark.org.
- Lake Street Dive with Suitcase Junket (Sunday, June 18)
- Kurt Vile with Julie Bryne (Wednesday, June 21)
- Yonder Mountain String Band (Tuesday, June 27)
- Iron & Wine (Wednesday, June 28)
- Aimee Mann (Friday, June 30)
- Langhorne Slim (Wednesday, July 5)
- Deer Tick (Friday, July 7)
- Pokey LaFarge (Sunday, July 9)
- Foy Vance (Wednesday, July 12)
- Darlingside (Wednesday, July 19)
- Conor Oberst (Sunday, July 23)
- New Pornographers (Friday, July 28)
- Nikki Lane (Wednesday, Aug. 2)
- Brett Dennen (Wednesday, Aug. 9)
- Aaron Neville (Friday, Aug. 11)
- Taj Mahal with Keb Mo (Wednesday, Aug. 16)
- Joe Purdy (Wednesday, Aug. 23)
- Ballroom Thieves (Saturday, Sept. 2)
- Galactic (Sunday, Sept. 3)